What is happening?
Bungay Leisure Centre is the third facility identified as a priority in the LeisureRedevelopment Programme, following Deben Leisure Centre (2018) and Leiston Leisure Centre (2019).
The £3.4 million redevelopment has started, with the centre being closed on 12 September 2019 for a ten month period.
Major work is being undertaken by our development partner, Pulse Design & Build, to bring state-of-the-art leisure facilities to Bungay, ensuring that the facility is fit for purpose for the next 20-30 years, without encountering similarissues that has resulted in closures previously.
As well as work on the plant, mechanical, electrical and draining areas, the redevelopment will include:
· New changing rooms, showers and toilets, including improved disabled toilet
· New café area with a pool viewing area, Wi-Fi and air condition
· New, modern gym equipment and a refurbished studio
· New tiling around the pool and replacement of the flume
· Improvements to the car parking area
· A new sauna